Keyword: Life Is Sacred
Quotes: 5 total.
Sorted by: Search Results (Descending)
|Words (count)||82||28 - 158|
|Search Results||18||10 - 40|
|Date (year)||1920||1875 - 2006|
• Aim Of Life Quotes 5 quotes
• All Life Is Quotes 41 quotes
• Enjoy Life Quotes 24 quotes
• Everything In Life Quotes 20 quotes
• Life As If Quotes 4 quotes
• Life Can Quotes 139 quotes
• Life Happen Quotes 8 quotes
• Life Has Meaning Quotes 5 quotes
• Life Is A Quotes 458 quotes
• Life Is A Gift Quotes 3 quotes
• Life Is A Struggle Quotes 6 quotes
• Life Is Beautiful Quotes 9 quotes
• Life Is But A Dream Quotes 8 quotes
• Life Is Hard Quotes 11 quotes
• Life Is Like Quotes 53 quotes
• Life Is Long Quotes 6 quotes
• Life Is Made Quotes 29 quotes
• Life Is Meaningless Quotes 5 quotes
• Life Is Not Quotes 172 quotes
• Life Is Not Fair Quotes 3 quotes
• Life Is Only Quotes 21 quotes
• Life Is Sad Quotes 5 quotes
• Life Is Short Quotes 23 quotes
• Life Is The Quotes 123 quotes
• Life Is Unfair Quotes 4 quotes
• Life Without Quotes 119 quotes
• Life's Meaning Quotes 5 quotes
• Live Your Life Quotes 34 quotes
• Part Of Life Quotes 43 quotes
• To Live By Quotes 59 quotes
Our puny sentimentalism has caused us to forget that a human life is sacred only when it may be of some use to itself and to the world.
To the man who is truly ethical all life is sacred, including that which from the human point of view seems lower in the scale. He makes distinctions only as each case comes before him, and under the pressure of necessity, as, for example, when it falls to him to decide which of two lives he must sacrifice in order to preserve the other. But all through this series of decisions he is conscious of acting on subjective grounds and arbitrarily, and knows that he bears the responsibility for the life which is sacrificed.
A perfect world: Forbid voluntary euthanasia to people in the final stage of incurable illness because life is sacred and untouchable, but touch and desecrate the life of thousands and millions of healthy, capable people by sending them to war, where they will be killed or maimed, to then subject the on purpose produced disabled to the prohibition of applying voluntary euthanasia.
"In some quarters, my team is considered as the 'dare to die' team. Let me make this clear. Life is sacred, life is precious and politics is serious. More importantly, my courageous team-mates and myself are mentally prepared to lose but that does not mean we are push-overs. It's because we have confidence in you, the people of Singapore," Yaw Shin Leong, 29 April 2006. http://sg.news.yahoo.com/060430/5/singapore205675.html
Hence, the real solution of the problem (over-population) is not to be found in expedients which offend against the divinely established moral order or which attack human life at its very source, but in a renewed, scientific and technical effort on man’s part to deepen and extend his dominion over nature… The transmission of human life is the result of a personal and conscious act, and, as such, is subject to the all-holy, inviolable and immutable laws of God, which no man may ignore or disobey. He is not therefore, permitted to use certain ways and means which are allowable in the propagation of plant and animal life. Human life is sacred—all men must recognize that fact. From its inception it reveals the creating hand of God. Those who violate his laws not only offend the Divine Majesty and degrade themselves and humanity, they also sap the vitality of the political community of which they are the members.