Strong's Concordance, Hebrew Dictionary
Jediael, the name of three Israelites
Hebrew: יְדִיעֲאֵל, yĕdîʿăʾēl (H3043)
6 King James Bible Verses
Here is Jediael in the Bible. What does the source Hebrew word יְדִיעֲאֵל mean and how is it used in the Bible? Below are the English definition details. Also below are examples within Bible verses highlighted in yellow (follow this link to go there). Tap or hover on blue, underlined words to see more original scripture and meanings. Information sourced from Strong's Concordance.
Strong's Number: H3043
Hebrew Base Word: יְדִיעֲאֵל
Part of speech: Proper Name Masculine
Literally: God makes known
Definition: Jediael, the name of three Israelites.
- A chief patriarch of the tribe of Benjamin; maybe the same as 'Ashbel'.
- The 2nd son of Meshelemiah and a Korahite gatekeeper.
- Son of Shimri and one of David's mighty warriors.
- One of the chiefs of the thousands of Manasseh who joined David on his march to Ziklag; maybe the same man as 3 above.
Derived terms: From H3045 and H410; knowing God.
- Biblical International Phonetic Alphabet: jɛ̆.d̪ɪi̯.ʕə̆ˈʔel
- Modern International Phonetic Alphabet: jɛ̆.diː.ʕə̆ˈʔel
- Transliteration: yĕdîʿăʾēl
- Biblical Pronunciation: yeh-dee-uh-ALE
- Modern Pronunciation: yeh-dee-uh-ALE
How to Use this Concordance Get the Real Meaning Behind Underlined Scripture
Bible Verses with יְדִיעֲאֵל (H3043)
1 to 6 of 6 Verses
“The sons of Benjamin; Bela, and Becher, and Jediael, three.”
— 1 Chronicles 7:6
“The sons also of Jediael; Bilhan: and the sons of Bilhan; Jeush, and Benjamin, and Ehud, and Chenaanah, and Zethan, and Tharshish, and Ahishahar.”
— 1 Chronicles 7:10
“All these the sons of Jediael, by the heads of their fathers, mighty men of valour, were seventeen thousand and two hundred soldiers, fit to go out for war and battle.”
— 1 Chronicles 7:11
“Jediael the son of Shimri, and Joha his brother, the Tizite,”
— 1 Chronicles 11:45
“As he went to Ziklag, there fell to him of Manasseh, Adnah, and Jozabad, and Jediael, and Michael, and Jozabad, and Elihu, and Zilthai, captains of the thousands that were of Manasseh.”
— 1 Chronicles 12:20
“And the sons of Meshelemiah were, Zechariah the firstborn, Jediael the second, Zebadiah the third, Jathniel the fourth,”
— 1 Chronicles 26:2
The King James Bible (1611) and Strong's Concordance (1890) with Hebrew and Greek dictionaries are sourced from the BibleForgeDB database (https://github.com/bibleforge) within the BibleForge project (http://bibleforge.com). Popularity rankings are based on search data from the Google AdWords Keyword Planner tool.