Strong's Concordance, Greek Dictionary
General assembly, a mass-meeting, i.e., (figuratively) universal companionship
Greek: πανήγυρις, panēgyris (G3831)
1 King James Bible Verses
Here is general assembly in the Bible. What does the source Greek word πανήγυρις mean and how is it used in the Bible? Below are the English definition details. Also below are examples within Bible verses highlighted in yellow (follow this link to go there). Tap or hover on blue, underlined words to see more original scripture and meanings. Information sourced from Strong's Concordance.
Strong's Number: G3831
Greek Base Word: πανήγυρις
Usage: General assembly
Definition: A mass-meeting, i.e., (figuratively) universal companionship.
- A festal gathering of the whole people to celebrate public games or other solemnities.
- A public festal assembly.
Derived terms: From G3956 and a derivative of G58.
- Biblical International Phonetic Alphabet: pɑˈne.ɣy.ris
- Modern International Phonetic Alphabet: pɑˈne̞.ʝju.ris
- Transliteration: panēgyris
- Biblical Pronunciation: pa-NAY-goo-rees
- Modern Pronunciation: pa-NAY-gyoo-rees
How to Use this Concordance Get the Real Meaning Behind Underlined Scripture
Bible Verses with πανήγυρις (G3831)
The King James Bible (1611) and Strong's Concordance (1890) with Hebrew and Greek dictionaries are sourced from the BibleForgeDB database (https://github.com/bibleforge) within the BibleForge project (http://bibleforge.com). Popularity rankings are based on search data from the Google AdWords Keyword Planner tool.