Strong's Concordance, Greek Dictionary
Crown, a "diadem" (as bound about the head)
Greek: διάδημα, diadēma (G1238)
3 King James Bible Verses
Here is crown in the Bible. What does the source Greek word διάδημα mean and how is it used in the Bible? Below are the English definition details. Also below are examples within Bible verses highlighted in yellow (follow this link to go there). Tap or hover on blue, underlined words to see more original scripture and meanings. Information sourced from Strong's Concordance.
Strong's Number: G1238
Greek Base Word: διάδημα
Definition: A "diadem" (as bound about the head).
- A diadem.
- A blue band marked with white which Persian kings used to bind on the turban or tiara.
- The kingly ornament for the head, the crown.
Derived terms: From a compound of G1223 and G1210.
Comments: Compare G4735.
- Biblical International Phonetic Alphabet: ðiˈɑ.ðe.mɑ
- Modern International Phonetic Alphabet: ðiˈɑ.ðe̞.mɑ
- Transliteration: diadēma
- Biblical Pronunciation: thee-AH-thay-ma
- Modern Pronunciation: thee-AH-thay-ma
How to Use this Concordance Get the Real Meaning Behind Underlined Scripture
Bible Verses with διάδημα (G1238)
1 to 3 of 3 Verses
The King James Bible (1611) and Strong's Concordance (1890) with Hebrew and Greek dictionaries are sourced from the BibleForgeDB database (https://github.com/bibleforge) within the BibleForge project (http://bibleforge.com). Popularity rankings are based on search data from the Google AdWords Keyword Planner tool.